Publishing Task 3: Final Website Migrated, Plugins and Code Snippet Choices

 



For my blog post this week I have been asked to talk about the migration of my CA2 website. I migrated my website from my Wordpress Localhost to InfinityFree. To do this I had to create a new domain instead of using the same domain I used for my previous assignment. I had to use a plugin called All-In-One WP Migration and then export all of my plugins on my Wordpress and then import my Wordpress file back onto Wordpress and then add it to my new domain that I created. I chose InfinityFree as I already had experience using it so I thought that would make it easier however it is a difficult process as it takes a long time and sometimes they may charge you for migration.



The theme I used for my site is Twenty Twenty-One. I used this theme because I felt like it was the most easy theme to navigate and wasn’t overly complicated and I had used it for my previous assignment and everything worked for me so I was confident that it would work for me this time and it also had an attractive layout.


The plugins I used were User Profile Picture, wpDiscuz, Music Store – Stripe Add on, Posts Table With Search & Sort and Code Snippets.


The reason I used Code Snippets was because it was mandatory that our website included them. The code snippets I used were Min Comment Length, Max Comment Length, Mark Comments With Long URLs As Spam and Remove Auto Linking URLs in Wordpress Comments. The effects of these code snippets are in the name. The reason I used these plugins is because my website is a website used for buying vinyl records and of course people would want to add comments and create an account therefore using a profile picture.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha