Introduction Post

 


My name is Eoin Harrington. I am 22 years old. I am in 2nd year in creative digital media in TUD Blanchardstown. The photo above is a picture of myself (and a pretty good one might I add). The best classes I took last semester were digital photography and storytelling and narrative. I enjoyed digital photography because I have an interest in photography and it was fairly easy and I passed it. I enjoyed storytelling because I have an interest in filmmaking and it is what I want to do when I am finished this course so I ended up with a basic idea of what it was like to actually make a film as our main assignment was to make a short film and I then passed it which made me very happy as I now feel like I might actually be good at it. I enjoyed introduction to digital media as well because it was interesting learning about the evolution of digital media and I enjoyed doing the essays as they were interesting topics. Web development was an interesting module however I did find it very challenging however I did pass in both semesters. Every module was a lot more challenging last year because we were online so they were far less enjoyable so hopefully this year they get a bit easier. I felt like my biggest achievement last semester was passing storytelling as it was the one module linked to what I want to do as a career.


The filmmaker that inspires me is Quentin Tarantino. Quentin Tarantino is my favourite filmmaker. Some of his films include Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill. Pulp Fiction is my favourite film of all time. Quentin Tarantino never went to any film school or college he just wrote scripts while working in a video shop. He wrote the script for his debut film Reservoir Dogs while working there.


My goals for this module and every other module are to keep on top of all my work and not fall behind and fail modules like I did last year as I don't want to end up doing summer repeats again. I had a great summer break this year as I spent most of June and July enjoying the good weather and going out and having fun with friends I even went away for a weekend to Belfast however when I got back from Belfast I looked at my summer repeats and realised I left them too late and it ruined my whole summer so I'm hoping to avoid going through that ever again.

My favourite things to do in my spare time are go out with my friends, watch movies, watch TV and listen to music, preferably on vinyl. One thing I'm looking forward to the most once restrictions are lifted is going to concerts again. My favourite type of music is mainly rock and rap. My favourite artists would be Green Day, Blink-182, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem, 2Pac, The Streets and The Notorious B.I.G. My favourite TV programme is The Sopranos. I binged through that programme throughout the 3rd lockdown. My favourite character is Christopher. I also like watching The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park.


The video above is of a film I made for storytelling last year. The film is about Matt, a caretaker played by me who comes home from work to discover that his younger brother Nick, played by my friend Andrew has stolen money from his emergency stash and he tries to find out why.



Comments

  1. Nice to meet you. I look forward to working further with you and reading over more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eoin!
    Storytelling is nice, isn’t it? I’m glad you enjoyed it! I also enjoyed that module last year, it was fun creating your own stories and trying to film them. Good jop on passing it first try too, it musn’t have been easy! But you did it! Yay!
    I hope you try your best for year 2 of our course and pass everything! Yeah! Excel in your learning!
    Krzysztof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eoin, Tarantinos films are really good, reservoir dogs is one of my favorite films too. I really liked the short film you made last year, some of the different shots and camera angles were really good and interesting to watch. Good taste in music, I'm a fan of the red hot chili peppers too. Best of Luck with year 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eoin,

    Love the taste in music. Blink 182 are the superior band from when I was growing up and I still listen to them. Ive seen them live twice and they were unreal. Seems like you're doing really well this year and hopefully being in college helps with that. See you around college!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eoin,
    I really enjoyed reading through your introduction post. Im glad you found some modules you quite enjoyed, I also really enjoyed Digital Photography. Quentin Tarantino is such an amazing film maker, I just love how unique his work is to other popular film makers out there. Your film from storytelling was also really enjoyable and entertaining to watch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Eoin, good overall introduction post, definitely learned a good bit about you. Have to agree that Digital Photography was one of the better subjects last year and one of my personal favourites too. Pulp Fiction is a really good movie and I think many would agree with you about Quentin Tarantino being a really good filmmaker. Great post overall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyy Eoin this was great to read, it is lovely to find out more about someone. we have a similar interest in Filmmaking. my reason for joining CDM was for their film aspect as well as their other modules they offer. Initially I had wanted the film and broadcasting course but fate had other plans.
    Im sure you will do very well in the future. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Eoin! I really enjoyed this introduction post that you posted! I watched that short film that you made last year and I am very impressed I think you have a very good future in filmmaking. I wonder what kind of field you like to work in filmmaking, where you thinking maybe like a director, a producer, an editor, scriptwriter etc. Because there are so many opportunities and jobs in filmmaking it's quite broad, keep it up Eoin I think you are doing great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Eoin.

    Nice blog. I really liked it. I liked your short film... I remember you telling the plans for the sequel... I would love to see you execute that. I've seen you this you and you have been keeping on top of everything, I'm extremely envious. I'm glad you had a good Summer, I worked which was fun too. I should watch more South Park. Ive seen some Family Guy skits which were really funny. Also, Eminem is literally my favorite rapper.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha