Reading 08

 

(https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CRR8pafaE8ZxyBTRjEGqy5wedlk=/0x0:2040x1360/1200x800/filters:focal(857x517:1183x843)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/69525052/DSCF1179.0.0.jpg)

For this weeks reading task I just continued on with my book. The research for this book has actually proven to be easier than I thought now that we've actually started to see each others work. I was a bit worried about how I was doing with this module but after getting positive feedback last week I think I'm doing ok. This week I decided to talk about Microsoft, continuing on from my topic last week where I talked about the history of Xbox. The article I researched was called "Microsoft Corporation" by Brittanica. The article talked about the founding and formation of Microsoft. It also talked about how Microsoft entered the world of gaming and mobile phones with the release of the Xbox consoles as well as the HTC, Motorola, LG and Samsung. It also mentioned that Microsoft originally struggled with sales due to the release of products such as the Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii but succeeded with the sales of the Xbox after cutting its price. I also learned that the company struggled to sell their Zune portable devices in 2006 due to the release of the iPod and discontinued them in 2006. I never knew that there even was such thing as Zune products until I read this article. I also never knew that Microsoft struggled so much with sales so this was interesting to learn. 

Link to article I researched

(https://www.britannica.com/topic/Microsoft-Corporation)

Comments

  1. Hey Eoin, glad to hear you feel a lot more comfortable in yourself since getting feedback, I felt the exact same way with my feedback. It's good to hear you find your topic interesting still even this far into the module, happy for ya.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha