Game Beta

 


Image from my game

This week I worked on finishing my game. I have been working on this game since week 8. I decided to make a game following the first Unity tutorial that I did and have my player destroy crates in the game and lose if they fall off the edge of the road. What seemed like such a simple idea at the time ended up being really frustrating and challenging believe it or not. I struggled a lot getting my very very basic game to work which then made me wonder how on earth professional game designers actually do it. I followed specific Unity tutorials however I still struggled as a lot of them didn't have the same concept as my game so it was harder to figure everything out but I mostly got there. Right now I have managed to get my player moving, all my crates destroyed when my player collides with them, my player to lose when they fall off the edge of the road however the one thing I'm still finding difficult is getting my player to win the game if he destroys all the crates but besides that everything is going fine after a long difficult road. Hopefully I will figure out how to get my player to win but thankfully I have everything else working.

Comments

  1. Hey Eoin, your game beta looks great, I like that your idea is based off Tony Hawk. Yeah, some simple ideas are hard to make, especially if you are using Unity. And some unity tutorials can only help you to a limit but at least you get to learn new things. But happy to hear your main elements are working. When your able to get your "player to win" aspect to work, would you consider using some type of effect or animation when they win?. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your finished game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eoin!
    Well done on getting this far and having a beta done for your game, you must feel relieved!
    It's great that you're taking inspiration from all of the Unity Tutorials, they were really helpful throughout the weeks for inspiration.
    It's great how far your game has come and I can't wait to see the finished product,
    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what up Eion well done on your game i really like your idea of your game and how it is sort of something outside the box and big congrats on getting this far when designing your game because it can be very difficult but you manage to create a beta so well doen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha