Reading 07



For this weeks reading task we had to add our chapters from our book to the class Google Doc. We were then split into groups of three and these groups had to review each others work. The two people who I was asked to review talked about games effects on mental health and multiplayer evolution. The person who talked about games effects on mental health talked about both the positive and negative effects on mental health. He discusses how people often feel like video games are bad for your mental health and while he stated that can be true as they can cause you stress they can have a positive impact on your mental health for example when you win the game you are playing can really boost your mood. He mentions that playing Demon Souls can cause you stress however beating the final boss in Ghosts Of Tshunima after playing it over and over again or winning a match on FIFA can help lift your mood. He also mentions that playing games can help you escape from reality so it can help take your mind off a psychological trauma. I really enjoyed reading his piece of the book as I thought it was very interesting and I learned lots of new things. I also liked how he focused on both the positives and negatives of video games and mental health. When this person read my piece on the history of consoles he left me a positive review. He said that I have lots of research done and that my topic is very interesting and that he enjoyed learning about the first console and who created it although he did point out that I made some grammar mistakes which was also the case with him. I was very worried about how I was doing in this module until I got this review now I feel more confident for it. Unfortunately the other person in my group didn't add in anything for his chapter or review mine so I couldn't review his. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha