First Playable


Image from my first playable

Last week I started on my prototype for my final game. Despite running into a few problems I found it relatively easy. This week however I added to my prototype in order to make my game playable. I was really panicking at the thought of doing this as game design isn't one of my strongest areas however with a little help from the tutorials and my lecturer I managed to fix a few issues I was having last week and get further ahead and it turned out to be easier than I was expecting. At the moment I am now able to make my player move and turn with a speed of 20.0f; and a turnspeed of 45.0f; and I'm able to make my player knock over the obstacles however I might change it so that he destroys them instead of just knocking them over. At this rate I'm actually enjoying playing the game myself. I still have a few finishing touches to go. I still need to make my player destroy crates once he collides with them and I still need to add a game over message for when he falls off the road in the game and a you win message once he destroys all the crates and then I will be done my game and hopefully with the help of a few tutorials I've previously watched I'll be able to do this no problem. I look forward to seeing how my finished piece looks.

 

Comments

  1. Hey man this is looking quite nice, clean and easy to understand but sounds fun to play :) It's great that it's playing off how you want it to play, and I'm glad your having more fun than you initially realised you would, this course can be tricky but we're pretty lucky to have a load of tutorials online and a lecturer just a call away if needs be, can't wait to see how your game turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eoin! I am liking what I am seeing so far! This game looks pretty good in development! I am glad that you are quite happy with your efforts in making this game. Its also great how you are finding this a lot easier because of all the tutorials we have been doing even though that game development isn't your strong suit. I can not wait to see how your game turns out and I believe this will be good! All the best in your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi eoin i like whats going on in your game so far its good and clean. im so happy thst you are having fun with this game then the few week back. it must have been stress for you. i like how you can get the speed working in this game and the turn speed. i cant wait on the next plan that you have going for this game. best of luck i know your almost there keep up the work druing the next few week bro!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha