Game Brainstorm Week 3

(https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/man-collect-rubik-cube-timer-championship-concept-man-collect-rubik-cube-timer-championship-concept-player-brainstorming-128571185.jpg)

For this module I have to design my own game using Unity. I have to follow game tutorials on Unity weekly to help me with these games. The one I had to follow this week was a tutorial for a driving game where you drive a vehicle and smash into obstacles. I would like to make a driving game for this module as I already have experience making a driving game on Unity and I have always enjoyed driving games myself. I am now going to list four ideas I have for my own game.



Idea 1

The first idea I have is for a racing game. I want to have at least six vehicles, more if possible having to race against each other and possibly include a time limit. Rather than something as simple as the vehicles just being able to drive around a racetrack and through a finish line I would like to have obstacles in the way of the vehicles to make the game more fun and challenging for the player. I'd like to include objects such as boxes that can't be broken as well as barriers and barrels. I'd also like to include things such as ramps for the vehicles to go over in order to make the game more fun. I'd also like to make it possible for the vehicles to fall off the edge of the racetrack to make the game more challenging. I'd also like for the vehicles to be able to knock each out of the way and off the racetrack as well and finally have a number of laps in the race for the player to complete. I took inspiration for this game from the video game MarioKart as this is a game I really enjoy. I've left a link to a video of my favourite MarioKart racetrack which is known as Rainbow road underneath.


Idea 2

My second idea is for a game where you control a vehicle and you have to destroy a certain number of crates with your vehicle but you only have a certain amount of time to do so. I have the idea to include at least 20 crates all spaced out a good bit from each other so it will take the player more time to find them so then that way the game is more challenging for them because if they were easy to find then the game would be too easy and therefore not as fun. I would give the player at least 30 seconds to find and destroy each crate. I got inspiration for this idea when I was doing my first Unity tutorial where I had to create a game in which you controlled a vehicle and had to destroy crates. I enjoyed doing this and since I already have an idea of how to do this I feel as if this would be a good option. Obviously since I was only copying a tutorial the game was simple however I'd like to take this idea and expand on it.


Idea 3

My third idea is fairly similar to my second idea except the goal is the opposite. Instead of my vehicle destroying crates the vehicle has to avoid them or to make the game more enjoyable maybe they have to avoid barriers instead and I would have the car travel at high speed in order to make it harder for the vehicle to avoid these barriers. I would make sure to have the obstacles reasonably close so that it's harder for the vehicle to avoid each of them but obviously not so close that it's impossible to avoid them. I would make the road in the game a racetrack and make it so that the vehicle has to reach a finish line once it has avoided all obstacles and possibly add 3 laps to the game.

Idea 4

My fourth idea is for a game where you drive a vehicle and you have to crash into and destroy a handful of other vehicles that are in the game. I would put about 10 or maybe more vehicles in the game and have it in set in an arena if possible and have it that every vehicle has to destroy each other and the last vehicle to not be destroyed wins. A bit like a battle royale type thing but with vehicles. Obviously in order to win you have to be the last surviving vehicle and destroy every other vehicle. I would include things such as ramps so that your vehicle can go up into the air and possibly land on and do damage to other vehicles. I would also make sure the vehicles can move at high speed so that they would more likely inflict more damage on each vehicle they crash into. I would also have obstacles in the way that vehicles can crash into that can also inflict damage so this way other vehicles can get destroyed without the players vehicle having to crash into other vehicles to destroy while also creating another obstacle for the players vehicle.



 

Comments

  1. Hey Eoin,

    Just having a read of some of your game ideas. Think it's very smart to nearly develop what we have been doing in class. Why not use the skills we already know is a great idea. I love game four but I think it is because it sounds manic and manic games are always the most fun. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. You could even incorporate a few of them ideas into one giant game and I think it could be very fun.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eoin

    I love your idea of the racing game with the six cars. I found some of the mechanics in your game would help create the intense enjoyable madness of games like "Burnout: Revenge" and the idea of having the vehicles possibly fall of the track remind me of the rainbow road track in Mario Kart with the bumps on the course constantly going over the side.
    I was wondering what would happen when you destroy the cars would there be a smoke animation or would the car show damage as it get a few knocks, I was also wondering would the cars come back onto the track when they fall off like they do in Mario Kart.
    I suggest that you have obstacles that move from side to side based on what you suggested in the game instead of having the stair obstacles give them the ability to move from side to side to force players to move along the track more and more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha