Time Strategies


Time management is a very important thing in life when it comes to our priorities especially with college work. College assignments always have deadlines that students must meet in order to pass the assignments however many students myself included often end up leaving assignments to the last minute which I learned last year was a very bad idea. I often found myself leaving my assignments until the last minute and putting myself under way too much pressure to get them done and this resulted in me failing three of my modules and repeating them over the summer which I also left too late and put myself under too much pressure and was constantly panicking throughout August, it was a miracle that I actually passed all three with so little time. These mistakes have led me to realise that in order to avoid ever getting into this situation again I must start my assignments as soon as I get them so then I can have them finished before the due date and if there is anything wrong with them I can fix them and hopefully get a better grade. The best way to manage your time is to set a planner for how long you'll work on each assignment a day. A wise way to get your assignments finished on time is setting your own deadlines so that you can have it finished by that date which will motivate you to focus on the assignment and get it done. What I also need to do is work on assignments while I am in college whether it's in class, during a gap between classes or during break so that way I have some work out of the way for when I go home and to also do some work when I get home from work and college and any day off I may get. I also need to set an alarm on weekend mornings and get out of bed and work for a few hours in the morning and the afternoon so that I can take weekend evenings off. I read two useful articles before writing this blog that gave some helpful tips. The articles were "3 Steps To Recapture Time by @JoynicoleM" (https://sheownsit.com/3-steps-recapture-time-joynicolem/) and "Four Questions To Help Yourself Overcome Procrastination" by Peter Banerjea. (https://lifehacker.com/four-questions-to-help-you-overcome-procrastination-1784833178). The three steps were "refuse to yield your 1st 15 minutes". This means to use the first 15 minutes of your day to plan your day out as if you're going on a journey so the first 15 minutes of the day is the beginning of your journey and the end of your day is your destination. The idea for this is to relax for the first 5 minutes and picture how your end of day destination is gonna turn out then identify the tasks you must complete throughout the day and then break each task into 3-4 steps. "Recognise the pruning season". This means to recognise your journey to success as if you are a pruning rose. This means dedicating days and weeks to focusing on what you need to focus on and blocking out anything that is distracting you and cutting out relationships that don't encourage you to keep up your goals. "Practice the art of no". This means to say no when you need to. If you have too many things to do and something comes up that gets in the way of these things then you put it off for example, if you are busy with an assignment and your friends invite you out somewhere as much as you may want to go with them you need to say "no I have assignments to do" and meet up with them when your assignments are out of the way. The four questions were "what one thing can I do to get started?" The answer is to break down your one task into multiple different tasks and doing the simplest ones first so then when you have a chunk of it started you feel more motivated to keep doing it until eventually it's done. "What are my three biggest priorities today?". The answer to this is that the reason we procrastinate so much is because we may have more than one task to do so we may keep putting one off. The solution to this is to block out the first few hours of your day to focus on your other tasks and get them out of the way and then get the most important one done afterwards. "How can I make this easier?". The answer to this is to commit to it an easier alternative route to a task and then sticking to it for example if you don't have time to go to the gym then do push-ups at home. "What will go wrong if I don't do this now?". The answer to this is instead of thinking about what will go wrong if I don't do this now channel that fear into actually being productive and just starting that thing you need to do so you won't have to worry about that.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha