Planning


Image of mind map I created on Miro with keywords

Reflection: 
For this week we had to start brainstorming our idea for our book that we will be working on throughout the semester. Each of us will be adding a specific topic for each chapter of the book and then we will be putting it all together at the end of the semester. When told about this project I started to brainstorm a few ideas. Firstly I thought of the idea to talk about game stories and explore the narrative side of games an idea that lots of other people had. I then thought of the idea to go with game definitions based on one of our readings "What Is A Game?" that we did in semester 1 however I began to realise that there might not be a lot I can write about in the space of 12 weeks. I then thought of doing consoles. I realised this would be a good topic because there is a lot I could talk about for the next 12 weeks such as the different types of consoles, different generations, how they evolved, each consoles history etc. For my group project module me and my group are doing the evolution of handheld consoles so I already know a lot about those based on my research from semester 1 for that module. We were given a tour of the library on Microsoft Teams by Lindsay Dowling and then we were asked to write down topics for our chapters and sub topics underneath each idea so then we could all work together in a Teams call as a group and plan our book. We also had to create a mind map with keywords that we will use which I created using Miro (see image above). I wrote the history of consoles so this is what I am now going with. While doing my research I learned that the three different types of consoles are home, handheld and hybrid. I had never heard the term hybrid console before I did this research but a hybrid console is a console that can be used as both a home and handheld console for example the Nintendo Switch. This seems like a very hard project to complete but I'm sure I'll get through it and am looking forward to seeing the end result.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha