Game Vision Statement

 

In my blog post last week I talked about my newest idea for my final game project. After writing a series of ideas for driving games the week before I decided to change my idea to a skater game with a similar concept to one of my driving game ideas however the idea I originally came up with was too similar to a Unity tutorial I did according to my lecturer and she suggested that maybe I change the playable character to a skater rather than a vehicle to make it more original so then I came up with the idea to make a skater game. The idea for the game is similar to that of Tony Hawk Pro Skater in which you play as a skater and I plan on including a certain number of crates that the skater has to destroy in a certain amount of time in order to win the game. I will also include obstacles that the player must avoid by either jumping over them or skateboarding around them. The game will be a single player game with just one player controlling the skater in a small arena just like in Tony Hawk Pro Skater. The key feature of the game would be the skater himself, the timer, all the obstacles and the crates he has to destroy. The game will also feature obstacles that are beneficial to the skater such as ramps, poles the skater can grind on and walls the skater can skate across. Of course to create this game I am going to need to use Unity and create it with my current knowledge of Unity from watching the tutorials. I will need to watch some Unity tutorials on how to create a skater game so I can do it as I am watching the video just like I have been doing for my other assignments in this module. 


The link above is a link to a Tony Hawk Pro Skater walkthrough. The video is a basic idea of what I want my game to be like. Of course it can't be exactly like it is in the video because then it wouldn't be original and it would also be too hard to do but I'd happily do a more basic simple version of the game. As I have mentioned this game is where I got the inspiration for my game as well as the Unity tutorials I have been doing. So the game I intend to create is like Tony Hawk Pro Skater meets Unity tutorials.






 

Comments

  1. Hey Eoin, really like the game idea!! I played Tony Hawk pro skater years ago and its a really fun game so I think this will turn out the same. Its a good idea that you have the goal of destroying a certain amount of crates to win, the time limit makes it more exciting. Have you considered what kind of obstacles will be in the way of the skater? I like the idea of the rails etc. that benefit the skater as well as the obstacles being in the way. Best of luck with this Eoin, excited to see the end product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto Franchise

Game Alpha